Friday, October 1, 2010

News roundup...

This is a bit of a mixed-bag post; there have been things happening around the place to ramble about.

1) My first attempt at food photography (this photo is quite literally the first shot of food I've ever taken, with some PP to make it look even tastier):
I guess you could call these potato fritters or so. It's potato, spring onion, egg, and salt. I like salt.

2) Yesterday afternoon, there was suddenly a knock at the door... it was the FedEx delivery man!
Thanks Google! My SoC T-Shirt and Certificate arrived at last :)

3) Last but not least...

At long last, "Sintel" has now been released online :D

If you haven't seen it already, what are you waiting for? If you have, why not watch it again ;)


Having seen the pre-premiere screening version, it's interesting seeing what has changed. Strangely enough, I seem to think that the earlier version of the meeting scene (when Sintel first meets Scales) felt a bit better, with some more small-touches that really shone. For me, my favourite shots were those with the subtle detail motions - a trembling eyelid, nostril flares, etc. - the small things that really brought the characters to life. Having said that, I admit that there were one or two shots where there was some jerkiness and/or awkwardness to the motion.

It's also interesting to note that it seems that the Durian team has picked up on one of the criticisms of BBB: "a lack of background movement". IMO though, in some places, it might've been a bit overdone ;) I guess these are some of the things that were added in the past few months...

So, once again: congratulations Durian team!'

4) 2.5 Bug-Squashing
Oh, and I almost forgot: last night I embarked on a long overdue bug-purge in 2.5 for the first time in a while. It's been quite a while since I've last had time to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats for the summer of code "presents" :D

    And I agree with you about the Sintel Movie. In general terms, I love it! I've seen it at least 20 times xD

    Good luck! (I'm just going to view Sintel once again... heheh) ;)

    ReplyDelete